If you are coming here expecting to read a blog full of amazing daily entries full of ideas of how to entertain your children and and how to get those children to be perfect angels and how my perfect life is - you are SOOO in the wrong place!

I do love craft, I love my kids and my husband, and we do have a truly blessed life, but sometimes I don't do anything even remotely crafty! Some blog entries will more than likely be craft they have done somewhere else! They come home with the most amazing craft from Kids Club at our Church. Some days my idea of craft is them taking turns picking which DVD they are going to watch. I'm not perfect, I don't pretend to be. I may come on here occasionally and have a virtual cry. Feel free to cry along with me, just don't fry your keyboard with tears. I'd be honoured to have you along with me.

"Don't worry that your children won't listen to you, worry that they are always watching" Robert Fulghum

Monday, September 20, 2010

Messy Day at Playgroup!

Every Tuesday morning we go to what I reckon has got to be one of the best playgroups arounds, awesome kids, awesome Mums and carers, and everybody has a blast, oh and I get to drink a cup of tea that hasn't been microwaved 10 times!  So last week we decided it was time to go crazy and have a messy day!

I volunteered for my favourite messy craft - which is a table full of shaving foam and some food coloring!  Let them mix it up with hands or spoons or sticks and then press some paper over the top, then remove the excess foam and HEY!   Beautiful marbled paper!


Some of the gorgeous creations!












We also had the kids get the feet painted, they then transferred this onto paper, then afterwards they got to run around and make a big mess on the concrete path! This is Eryka's footprint.







And they even had a good time cleaning up after themselves at the end!










Mixing it up at the foam table!







Paint clothes were well needed!  Eryka "creating" something at the paint table.  So many different textures here, there was paint, cut up vegetables for different patterns, and shaped sponges












The activity is SO simple, yet is always incredibly popular!  We just blu-tacked paper to the bars of the fence, then let them loose with bottles of different colors - just water and food coloring.











Messy Play can be so much fun, just let your guard down and let go!











So I did bring a change of clothes, but there was nothing to be done about the face until we got home!  We got a few strange looks on the walk home but hey, the massive smile on my daughters face all afternoon was SOOO worth it!

1 comment: