If you are coming here expecting to read a blog full of amazing daily entries full of ideas of how to entertain your children and and how to get those children to be perfect angels and how my perfect life is - you are SOOO in the wrong place!

I do love craft, I love my kids and my husband, and we do have a truly blessed life, but sometimes I don't do anything even remotely crafty! Some blog entries will more than likely be craft they have done somewhere else! They come home with the most amazing craft from Kids Club at our Church. Some days my idea of craft is them taking turns picking which DVD they are going to watch. I'm not perfect, I don't pretend to be. I may come on here occasionally and have a virtual cry. Feel free to cry along with me, just don't fry your keyboard with tears. I'd be honoured to have you along with me.

"Don't worry that your children won't listen to you, worry that they are always watching" Robert Fulghum

Monday, September 20, 2010

Restocked Craft Box!

It was high time the craft box got restocked, and boy were the kids excited when Mummy started getting organised, even more impressed when they realised that not only were there now FOUR craft boxes - we were going to do something with them!  WOO HOO!!!  They ran to the table so excited, it was gorgeous, but made me feel a little guilty as I then realised I hadn't done as much 'crafty' stuff with them as they have been used to.  So we got stuck in big time!



A fabulous box of "STUFF" to paint, stick or use however they feel the need, anything shiny or sparkly goes down really well for Paige, and anything bumpy is Eryka's first pick!









I found these really cool art boxes - cheap too - at Lincraft.  They included paint, textas, pencils, crayons, pastels, a ruler, eraser and a paintbrush.











These little paint pots have been the BEST things ever!  When trying to control 3 little ones with paint, these have been awesome, they also have little caps for where the paint brush goes so the paint doesn't dry out.  Plus I also now don't need to put out a bowl of water for rinsing brushes between colors!





Glitter paint is always a popular option for girls!









While doing the groceries at Coles, I stumbled upon packets of fold out paper people!  There were like 20 in a pack for about $3, the girls had a great time - well, little Sophia lost interest very quickly and became determined to destroy her older sisters so she got stuck down the other end of the table for a while! But they drew faces, glued buttons, glued this gold string stuff on for hair (and then whinged as they had gold stuff stuck to their hands...) and generally created a character for each different person.







They tended to change seats depending on who Sophia was annoying the most at the time!

Artwork drying off in the playroom afterwards!  Then tucked away in drawer to be used as wrapping paper at Christmas time!

1 comment: